Art. 1 – Date and Place
Jeroboam is a non-competitive cycling event organized by Steratto holding SRL and its selected partners, which will take place since Friday 13th to Saturday 14th March 2020 in Nosara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Art. 2 – Routes and Departures
Jeroboam has four routes, all non-competitive: 300 km, 150 km, 75 km and 37.5 km. Each participant has the right to choose the path most suitable and the choice must be indicated at the time of registration. The route selection can not be changed after signing up. Everyone must rely on the GPS track provided before the departure. The layouts and the GPS tracks of the routes can be consulted on the official website https://cr.jeroboam.bike
Art. 3 – Rules of Participation
The participation in the event is allowed only to those who are eligible for the event and to those who paid the participation fee. During the event cyclists are responsible for their actions and the their behavior on the road, the road won't be closed, so all participants must follow the traffic rules of the Costa Rican Legislation. Lights are obligatory for all participants of the 300km distance. All participants are responsible for the acts, so they free the organization of any responsibility in case of an accident or any tragedy.
Art. 4 – Equipment
Participants are required to present themselves at the start of the respective route and use the following equipment appropriately:
Art. 5 - Safety and respect of the highway code
- Lights with sufficient charge to last for at least 6 hours (for the 300km route);
- GPS device with sufficient battery to cover the duration of the chosen route;
- Suitable clothing (including, jacket or second cycling kit);
- 1.5 litres (or more) of liquids;
- Enough food to cover the distances between check points ( 75km aprox)
- First aid kit;
- Repair kit for faults, punctures and spare parts (brake pads, oil, multitool, pump, dropouts, air chambers, CO2 canisters, false links of the bike chain);
We recommend to take a credit card and some local money with you in case you need to stop in a local village during the ride (300km) to buy food or drinks.
It is mandatory for all participants to respect the Highway Code of the Costa Rican Legislation
Art.6 – Payment Methods
The registration can be purchased directly on-line on the web portal https://www.evolutionmarketingcr.com/jeroboam-300km-gravel-challente-mar
with the possibility of payment via credit card, or in bank deposit to this bank account:
Steratto holding SRL
Registration process will be closed on Monday 9 of march 2020.
Art.7 – Substitutions or Waivers
Substitutions of enrolments or postponement of registration to the following year are not allowed. If a member is unable to participate in the event, he/she will not be entitled to a refund of the participation fee. The management reserves, however, the right to evaluate, at its own discretion, any case of "impossibility to participate".
Art.8 – Maximum Hours, Assistance
There is a maximum time to complete the routes, indicated on the website www.jeroboam.bike
No health care is provided (except for a doctor S.O.S. for emergencies) 911. There is mechanical assistance only at the 150km check point (300km) and at the 75km check point (150km). Assistance from private vehicles is not allowed following the event.
Art.9 – Refreshments and stamps
The list of refreshments (for the validation stamps) will be published on the website of the event. The control stamps are the only proof of the taken route. They will be put on the Road Book at the start, along the route and upon the arrival.
Art.10 – Complaints
Any complaints must be sent to the organization only by e-mail email@example.com
within fifteen days following the publication of the list of the arrivals.
Art.11 – Information
Art.12 – Cancellation of the Event
If, due to force majeure, the event does not take place, the amount paid at the time of the registration will not be refunded.
Art.13 – Variations
The organization reserves the right to make changes to the regulations at any time. The website https://cr.jeroboam.bike
is the only place where official information of the event is given. Therefore all official communications will be made known only through it.
Art.14 – Approval, Consent, Authorization
By asking to participate in Jeroboam in any of the ways provided by this regulation, each participant from the time of the registration:
- Declares to have read and approved the present Regulation and to accept all their parts;
- Must not use or be influenced by alcohol, drugs or narcotic substances during the event;
- Declares to be in good physical condition and to have delivered to the organization a valid medical certificate after having undergone a medical examination for competitive or non-competitive cycling practice, providing the organization the indemnity for any damage that he/she might suffer as a result of his/hers participation in the event.